Please check the user manual first (EN/DE) and find the knowledge base and answers to technical questions in the FAQs of the former eBlocker GmbH. Mac and iOS users please read this article in case of certificate issues.

Notifications
Clear all

eBlocker function test: Web filtering (HTTPS) failure  

Page 3 / 4
  RSS

23/05/2020 8:08 am  
Posted by: @random

Regarding the disapearing icon: are you using „automatic network mode“? If so, try setting eBlocker to individual mode. You’ll be guided to set eBlocker as your gateway either by your or eBlocker‘s DHCP server. This will eliminate network timing issues that may occur under certain circumstances and will result that eBlocker doesn‘t catch all packets. This could result in a disapearing icon - in rare and random cases. 

@Random

Good morning.

It is the same result with automatic or individual mode and different Browsers (Safari and Firefox).

cu

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 8:45 am  

@ulmisch No idea what that might cause? We checked IPv6 right?

Anyone else experiencing randomly disappearing controlbar icons?  

In terms of differences of blocker requests & stats display I‘ve opened a bug report. https://eblocker.org/community/bugs-features/eos-2-5-x-beta-test-bugs-issues-only/#post-1168

THX for this finding!

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 9:35 am  

Dear all,

I startet the topic "eBlocker function test: Web filtering (HTTPS) failure" because of my problem as dicribed:

On all my devices I receive by doing eBlocker function test: "Web filtering (HTTPS) failure".

HTTPS Support is shown as working well at all devices (HTTPS support of this device and eBlocker certificate are hooked green). My devices are 2 Windows-PC, Apple iPhone and Apple iPad. See attached file.

Do someone has the same problem? Do you have any ideas to solve the problem?

Thank you so much for help!

Best regards,

Astrid

HTTPS-failured-2.jpg

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 10:07 am  

@Astrid

pleas click on the exclamation mark and let us know which explanation is provided.

Normally this is caused by cached DNS, as far as i know this is nothing critical.

ReplyQuote
Trusted Member
23/05/2020 1:56 pm  

@astrid

Hi,

I told you that I wil cponfigure some test equipment; Fritzbox 7390, Eblocker 2.4.5 (PI 2), PC Windows 10.

Your problem with HTTPS function test, has its reason in your certifikates.

I tested it with Windows 10, Edge, Internetexplorer an Firefox.

Firefox has its own certifikate-store.

Edge and Internetexplorer use the certifikate-store from Windows (certmgr).

The eBlocker Certifikate must imported in the certificate-store "Vertrauenswürdige Stammzertifizierungsstellen". 🤩 

If you find it in "Zwischenzertifizierungsstellen" it doesn't work. 👎 

You ca move it...

It is not a problem of eBlocker, sometimes the automatic certifikate-import takes the wrong store.

🧐 See the PDF.

I hope this solves your problem, let me know 🙂 

Look at this videos:

Windows: https://vimeo.com/305852201

IOS: https://vimeo.com/305899742

regards

PIO

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 3:08 pm  

Thanks to Pio78 and the other colleagues for the hard work to solve the problem.

The cerificat is correct installed in my Windows devices and in my IOS devices. The way for the installation in Windows and IOS is completly different (and easy to me). But the results are exactly the same. As I told you before on some HTTPS pages eBlocker is working properly in controlling HTTPS without a failure. And in some not.

So I'm shure there must by another effect.

See my attaches files.

Best regards,

Astrid

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 3:33 pm  

2 examples of HTTPS pages with correct eBlocker function: 

1 example of a HTTPS pages with a bad eBlocker function:

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 3:47 pm  

@astrid Httpsgood2 is no good and probably shows the culprit: bitdefender. Try to disable bitdefender SSL interception (s. https://eblocker.github.io/help/en-us/360002344653.html )and cross check...

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 4:13 pm  

Belive me Random, it's definitly not Bitdefender! Because:

1. The problem is on my iPad and iPhone (Apple IOS) exactly the same. And there is no Bitdefender or any other virus scanner.

2. I deactivated in my Windows devices Bitdefender. That affected the problem definitly not.

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 5:13 pm  
Posted by: @astrid

Belive me Random, it's definitly not Bitdefender!

Believe me, if the cert is not showing a signature from your eBlocker but a signature from bitdefender, then bitdefender is definitely intercepting the communication. That's a technical fact and shown in your screenshot.

And if bitdefender is intercepting the communication eBlocker can't work properly. That's a fact too. No "believing" necessary - I'm an engineer not a priest 😉 ...

PLS take the same screenshots as with httpgood2 after bitdefender has been disabled. Maybe repeat for others as well. Would be interesting to see the results. AND BTW: Try to reboot after disabling bitdefenders SSL.

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 6:13 pm  

The Bitdefender certificat is shown by the page eblocker.org. At this page eblocker is working with HTTPS properly.

To follow your recommandation I stopped Bitdefender (see attached files) and did a reboot. But the certificat ist still installed. It's not possible to inactivate it temporarely. The consequence is that the cerificat is stll be shown. See file httpgood2.jpg above.

What do you think? Why is the HTTPS failure shown on my IOS devices? All Windows devices in my network are switched off. There is no Bitdefender/AntiVirus installed in my IOS devices.

PS: I'm an engineer too with a long term experience in developement. 

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 6:29 pm  
Posted by: @astrid

The consequence is that the cerificat is stll be shown. See file httpgood2.jpg above.

If you are an engineer than you probably know how SSL certificate chains work. Then, what's your judgment how bitdefender can sign our website's certificate if it's fully disabled? I guess it's impossible but I'm eager to learn...

And: iOS might be a different issue. Let's focus on one system, get that straight and move forward from there. BTW: in iOS there is a switch under General that needs to grant eBlocker's certificate CA status, which is often forgotten. But again: let's focus on windows first.

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 10:27 pm  

Hello,

Letters displayed ( űáéúőóüöű ) do not work. When eBlocker is active I cannot send real messages via Messenger. What can I do?

Thanks for your help.
Translated with DeepL

ReplyQuote
23/05/2020 10:46 pm  
Posted by: @cybermil

Letters displayed ( űáéúőóüöű ) do not work.

This is off topic. Would you please open a new topic with a descriptive title and describe more in detail where the characters are not accepted.

Check under settings>https>trusted apps if your messenger is shown and enable. 

ReplyQuote
Trusted Member
24/05/2020 10:16 am  

@astrid

Hello,

tested with Windows 10 and F-Secure Antivirus.

NOW I have the same symptom 🤪 

I lokked at the eBlocker Log, there the Time and Date was wrong, on the FritzBox I set no restrictions for the eBlocker to the Internet, do a Reboot and Time and Date are OK. Now it is working for me.

Look that all Systems have the correct Time and Date

I will do a test with Bitdefender Internet Security 2020, but I need more time 🧐 

🤬 Fucking Bitdefender 👎 👎 👎 , new download started, installed, user-account created and now trial-period ended --> no test possible 🤬

regards

PIO

Random liked
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Scroll to Top