Please check out the English help page (or the German Hilfe) first before posting.

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] DuckDuckGo's Tracker Radar in Easylist format available  

RSS

09/07/2020 4:45 pm  

Hello

Over the past couple of weeks, I spend some time trying to make use of DuckDuckGo's Tracker Radar to enhance the tracker blocking in the eBlocker (see this posting by the DuckDuckGo team for the motivation).

The outcome is a list of files in the easylist format, so eBlocker users can add these rules by themselves to their eBlocker configuration. 

I would be happy if you could add one or more of these files to your eBlocker (via settings -> blocker -> pattern tracker blocker -> add). See the github page for the actual URL to add. I would recommend to start with either the medium.txt or maximum.txt files.

In addition you can include malware.txt in "Pattern Malware & Phishing Blocker", even though eBlocker already comes with a professional anti-malware list (Malware Patrol), so I don't expect a big benefit here.

We are very interested in your experiences, especially if the rules render some sites unusable. If you want to, you can also compare the number of blocked trackers with and without the files for you favourite sites (using the number of trackers indicator in the eBlocker Controlbar). If all testing is good, we can include the files in eBlocker's standard configuration.

In addition, I invite you to join me in investigating additional ways to make use of the tracker radar. For example a nice feature (that would however require some research) would be the following: DuckDuckGo does not only provide tracking data derived from the world's top-sites (which I'm currently using for the lists mentioned above) but also a complete infrastructure for collecting data and detecting trackers within the data. Based on that, we could for example make use of this to collect data from top-sites in the German speaking area to see if there are local trackers not covered by the data provided by DuckDuckGo. Some basic scripting/programming knowledge is certainly helpful but not strictly required. If you're interested, just contact me.

Best regards,

Martin

CalimerO and Random liked
10/07/2020 4:09 pm  

Added all lists and it is working right now. No site problems so far

cheers

Sven

ReplyQuote
10/07/2020 5:23 pm  

I'm using the fingerprint123 filters. They are pretty "tight" which results that embedded videos from youtube are being blocked and SSO logins with GAFA is no longer working. Maybe that's to tight for the less privacy aware users...

ReplyQuote
Famed Member
10/07/2020 5:35 pm  

@random I started with fingerprint123 too and switched to fingerprint23 - which works pretty well for my taste. No problems with youtube etc.

In addition all eBlocker provided lists are enabled.

Random liked
ReplyQuote
11/07/2020 10:49 am  

@random

Not hindered by any knowledge, i added fingerprint123 and malware to the eBlocker’s lists in resp. Tracker Blocker and Malware Blocker. Seems to work OK till now.

Grz, Rob

Random liked
ReplyQuote
28/10/2020 6:18 pm  

I use IoT devices. With them I cannot use https modus (because I cannot install a https certificate on these devices).
Do I have to add these filter lists also by the "Domain Tracker Blocker" as well? Or are they useless there?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Mike

ReplyQuote
28/10/2020 8:56 pm  
Posted by: @infoswissmagic-ch

I use IoT devices. With them I cannot use https modus (because I cannot install a https certificate on these devices).
Do I have to add these filter lists also by the "Domain Tracker Blocker" as well? Or are they useless there?

DuckDuckGo Tracker Radarˋs data contains full URLs and so do my lists, so using them for domain blocking is not useful.

Best regards,

Martin

Random and Benne liked
ReplyQuote
30/10/2020 5:02 pm  

Thanks a lot for your answer 😀 

Mike

ReplyQuote
Scroll to Top