Please check out the new Instant Help (beta) first before posting.

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] eBlocker along with FritzBox 7490 & Zyxel GS1900-8  

Topic starter  

Firs of all a Happy and Good Year 2021 to all! 

I would need expand my LAN connections of my FritzBox and need to add a smart switch to my network.

Where do I need to connect the eBlocker for proper operation?

Actual configuration: eBlocker and other devices are connected to FritzBox directly. In addition I've have a Mash configuration using an AVM repeater.

Network hardware I'm using right now: FritzBox 7490 with FritzRepeater 1750E, eBlocker on Raspberry 4B with 4GB

Intending to consider following smart switch: Zyxel GS1900-8

Appreciate your feedback/advice!

Thanks

Client OS
macOS
Browser
Safari
eBlocker hardware
Raspberry 4 2GB+
Client OS version
Browser version
eBlockerOS version

Hi BonyCB,

unplug one device from your Fitzbox Ethernetport, plu in with a Patchcable your new switch.

Connect your devices to the new switch.

there should be no problems 😀 

One question, your FritzRepeater 1750E is connected to the ethernetport for more wlan range?

Happy new year...

PIO78

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Thanks for the swift reply PIO78!

The switch itself has it's own IP address. Will that have an influence e-Blocker's IP settings for the devices connected with the switch? With other words, it seems the switch will provide by itself IP addresses to the devices connected with it. Hence the e-Blocker would not see those devices anymore. Is my assumption correct?

Regarding your question: I've connected the FritzRepeater 1750E via WLAN (WLAN bridge in MASH configuration). On its LAN port I've another device connected. E-Blocker works perfect for all devices connected in MASH via the 1750E as well as for all devices connected directly via WLAN with the FritzBox. Believe this was the background of your question. Additional input: my e-Blocker is set as DNS server and the e-Blocker assigns for each device always the same address.

THX BonyCB

ReplyQuote

@bonycb

I read the short manual, the switch get from your DHCP an address, thats for the management of the konfiguration. Your devices get there address from your DHCP.

Lets try 😉 

regards

PIO78

ReplyQuote

@bonycb If it's a switch you can leave everything as is (even if the switch has it's own IP for management). Just make sure not to activate eBlocker for the switch's IP (as this makes no sense in 99.9% of the cases).

THX!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@Pio78 & @Random

Thanks for your support! I will proceed as advised!

Cheers

BonyCB

ReplyQuote
Scroll to Top